Sweet Butternut Squash Puree
- Roughly cut and seed the squash into three or four inch by two inch strips (roughly). Steam for 5-6 minutes until slightly tender.
- Saute in a pan adding brown sugar. Make sure everything is nicely coated.
- Add a touch of chicken stock into the pan, cover with foil and braise for 30 minutes to an hour until very tender.
- Saute in the pan again until the chicken stock reduces and the brown sugar starts to glaze and caramelize. Get a nice glaze on it.
- De-glaze the pan with a touch of stock, and then puree in a blender, adding stock very slowly as needed to get it to puree. Leave it a thick and a little rough to get that nice root vegetable texture.