2 Cups Sugar
- Blanch the pecans in boiling water for 2 minutes or until soft, strain.
- Place in bowl with cinnamon and honey, mix well.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and mix well again.
- Place on tray with parchment paper, careful as sometimes it can stick to the parchment paper. Sometimes I don't use parchment paper to avoid sticking. Spread out and separate as best as you can.
- Sprinkle half a cup of sugar on top of pecans.
- Cook for seven minutes at 345 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take out of oven and mix well. Sprinkle a quarter cup of sugar on top of pecans and place in oven for another 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on new baking tray, sprinkle a quarter cup of sugar on pecans, mix well and place in freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Place in plastic insert with a lid on top.
Careful as oven times may vary depending on your oven. These times were done in the convo-therm. I noticed in the convection oven they burn easier, watch carefully to avoid burning, though a touch of burnt flavour is okay, like slightly burnt popcorn.