Cream Of Potato And Bacon Soup
3 Cups Bacon Jus
3 Cups Bacon Fat (Optional)
4-5L Whipping Cream
12oz Beef Base
Roux (1L Butter (Or Oil) and 1Kg Flour)
TT Worcestershire Sauce
Green Onion (Optional)
Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- Rough cut the potatoes and steam or boil them until soft.
- Cut the onions, carrots and bacon in a rough dice, and saute with the butter.
- Add beef base to the water and add water.
- Throw in the potatoes and jus and puree slowly adding the cream.
- Add bacon fat (optional).
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Top with chopped bacon, sliced green onion(optional), and cheddar cheese (optional).
- (Optional) Dice 2lb of potato, steam and put in soup for texture.
You can add more roux, a slurry, cream, or pureed potato to thicken as needed. If you need to thin it out add water with some beef base mixed in, or milk. Always thicken or thin with the flavour in mind. You can make a sachet bag of peppercorns, bay leaves, and whole cloves (or whatever else you feel like), and cook it into the soup as well.