Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken and Asparagus Mushroom Pasta
1/4 Cup Honey
Pinch - Celery Salt
1/4 Cup - Cayenne
4oz - Chicken Stock
10oz - Penne noodles
8oz - Whipping Cream (35%)
7 Stalks - Asparagus
5 Small - Mushrooms
Large Pinch - Chili Flakes
2 TB - Butter
1 1/2 TB - Parmesan
Pinch - Pureed Garlic
1 TB - Sambal or hot sauce of your choice
3oz - Mozzarella Cheese or cheese of your choice
- Mix the honey, celery salt, and cayenne powder together to form a marinade. Marinade the chicken breast in the marinade for one day.
- Cook the penne noodles al dente and set aside.
- Cut the ends of the asparagus off and toss, cut the remaining stalk to 1/4".
- Slice the mushrooms, thinly.
- Get a small pan up to medium heat and add a little oil, and then brown the chicken on both sides.
- Add remaining marinade and 2oz of chicken stock and place in oven at 400°F.
- In a pan simmer the asparagus with 2oz of the chicken stock.
- Before the stock runs out add the mushrooms and then the chili flakes.
- Mix around and then add 1TB of butter and saute the mushrooms and asparagus until nicely browned. Turn off pan.
- Add 8oz of whipping cream to the pan, the parmesan and the sambal. Mix well.
- Add the penne noodles, and reduce the sauce to the right consistency, should stick to the noodles well.
- Add the remaining butter to thicken some more.
- Check on chicken in the oven, flip.
- Place pasta on plate, cover with the cheese. Place in over or under heat source to melt cheese.
- Take chicken out of oven, finish pan on oven to reduce glaze until it is all covering the chicken.
- Carefully cut the chicken (it'll be hot!) and place on top of pasta.
Serve with garlic toast if desired, serves 1 very hungry person or 2 moderately hungry people.
Sorry was only able to take the one picture, did this for my dinner special at work, and it's rather busy and I have to do this in under 10 min so can't take a picture of the process, I was lucky to get one of the finished result.