Fruit Loops French Toast Rounds
I wish I took pictures of the process but what I did was:
- Separate the fruit loops according to their separate colours. Was a bit harder than I thought as a lot of the green looked like yellow, and a lot of the orange and red looked similar, as well as the red looking like the purple. When in doubt I would break it in half to see the colour inside.
- I ground them all up fine in the Robo Coup.
- I made the egg mixture with eggs, a little bit of cream and cinnamon.
- I cut the french bread into rounds with a circle cutter. #80 for the outer circle, and #30 for the inner.
- I dipped the bread in the eggs and then dusted them in the fruit loops. Had to be careful as they got very fragile.
- Cooked them off on the griddle, the colours dulled a lot when cooking, was very bright and fruity to a more dull colour, that's from the browning as the eggs and bread cooked. Not much I could do about that, but still had a lot of colour to it.
- Eat with maple syrup and enjoy!